Foot Golf or soccer played in a golf format is now available at Pine View on our Little Pine Nine course. Just like golf, groups of up to 4 players tee off (kick) on each hole with the intent of getting the ball in the hole (21" hole with flag) in the least amount of shots. Below are the basic rules:
- Wear appropriate clothing - golf cap, collared shirt, and argyle socks preferred but not mandatory.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the scorecard and wait your turn. Make sure the hole is clear before kicking off.
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two yards behind the appropriate markers. (Tee Markers are based on ability)
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should separate from the ball, clearly behind, before each kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball rolling with the wind.)
- Play the ball from where it lies. You are not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other players kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within 2 steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the hazard, receiving a one stroke penalty, or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive a one stroke penalty.
- Out of bounds markers are annotated with white stakes. Place the ball within 2 steps from where the ball crossed the white stakes receiving a one stroke penalty.
Pine View Local Foot Golf Rules:
- No soccer cleats allowed. Turf shoes, athletic shoes, tennis shoes, or indoor shoes reccomended.
- The pace of play standards for Golfers and Foot Golfers is 1 hour and 40 minutes per nine holes for a 4-some. Groups falling behind this pace of play standard will be moved forward to recapture their position on the course.
- State law mandates that no alcoholic beverages may be brought onto a licensed account: therefore no coolers are permitted. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may be purchased from said account.
- Please respect all patrons on the course, both traditional golfers and foot golfers.
- Fun is mandatory!
Please check the rates page for foot golf and traditional golf.